Dear CUHK non-final-year undergraduate students,
If you wish to change your Major study to BSc in Global Economics and Finance (GLEF) Program in 2018-19, please note the followings.
- Good grades in at least 8 units from the following courses: DSME1030 or ECON2011, DSME1040 or ECON2021, ECON1101 or MATH1010/ 1510/ 1520, ECON1111.
- Other “equivalent” courses may be considered with discretion, including FINA2310 for non-business students, but DSME1035 and ECON1010 will not be accepted as a substitute for DSME1030 or ECON2011.
- Year 1 students are preferred, other applicants will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Admission requirement: Cumulative GPA 3.3 or above (up to 2017-18 T2), with good face-to-face interview performance.
Application period: March 12-23 (5:30pm), 2018. Late applications and applications with insufficient supporting documents will not be processed.
*We appreciate early submission.*
Interview notification: Only shortlisted applicants will be notified via phone or email by April 16, 2018 (Monday).
Interview: April 18, 2018 (Wednesday). Shortlisted applicants must attend this face-to-face interview. No phone interview/ Skype interview or any forms of make-up interview will be arranged.
Result notification: Conditional offer by the end of May 2018 via email. To complete the application, applicants are required to submit a copy of second term academic report in after the examination result released in early June 2018 and indicate the change of major preference in CUSIS during the timeline set by RES. Late applications will not be accepted.
- A one-page curriculum vitae
- A one-page application statement with less than 500 words in total
- A copy of your CUHK unofficial transcript, up to 17-18 Term 2, with highlights of the above-mentioned required courses. Please download in CUSIS, screen shots will not be accepted.
- A copy of your other academic report(s)
- A copy of your public examination certificate(s), and other academic qualification(s) at high school /undergraduate level or professional qualification(s) obtained (if applicable), including but not limited to HKDSE, National Higher Education Entrance Examination (普通高等学校招生全国统一考试), Joint Entrance Examination for Universities in PRC (普通高等学校联合招生考试), General Scholastic Ability Test (大學學科能力測驗), IB Diploma, GCE A-Level, GCSE / IGCSE / GCE (O-Level), ACT / AP / SAT.
- A recommendation letter from a teaching staff of your Faculty, on appropriate letterhead
- Misconduct record: Please state overleaf in detail (if any), in one-page with less than 500 words in total, about your misconduct record in CUHK/ HKSAR government, including but not limited to demerit. Please submit with any formal letter from the concerned authority.
- Any other documents you deemed appropriate
- A copy of your CUHK student ID card
Application procedures: Fill in the paper application form, attach with the hard copies of the above-mentioned documents IN ORDER.
**Please refer to this page for the most updated information.**
Please read carefully all the notes before submitting application. GLEF reserves the right to modify the criteria without prior notice. Any dispute that may arise, GLEF shall prevail. Please refer to this page for the most updated information.
Download the paper application form here.
Enquiry/ submission: (Please submit BY HAND)
Ms Holly Ha
GLEF Program Manager
Office address: ELB1008
Global Economics and Finance Program
Department of Economics & Department of Finance
updated on March 9, 2018